How To Plan A Picnic Wedding
How To Plan A Picnic Wedding – The best part about a picnic wedding is that it can take place almost anywhere. Beaches, parks, farms, and forests are all great options, and at least one of them is likely to be within easy reach no matter where you live. You can even use your backyard to completely customize your dream picnic wedding!
To inspire you for your big day, we’ve put together a list of picnic wedding ideas for both your ceremony and reception, giving you the chance to pick and choose picnic wedding elements or come up with the theme. We cover everything from DIY centerpieces to home centerpieces and everything in between. But first…
How To Plan A Picnic Wedding
This may sound cliche, but a picnic wedding is whatever you want it to be. The first thing that comes to mind is usually plaid blankets, wicker baskets and small gatherings in the backyard. But picnic weddings go beyond that. Sure, they’re usually more intimate and relaxed, but we’ve also seen plenty of big formal picnic weddings over the years. As long as you have an outdoor space, your future spouse and your friends and family, the possibilities for a picnic wedding are endless.
How To Plan A Small Backyard Wedding — Affordable Wedding Venues & Menus
As we mentioned above, picnic weddings can be so much more than a plaid blanket and basket! Here are some of the most common sub-themes that go along with picnic weddings.
1. House core. Combine pastels with brass for your wedding colors. Wear strawberry accessories with lace gloves and add vintage tablecloths to elevate this look.
2. Trail. Adventurous couples can orchestrate a mountaintop reception followed by a forest picnic with guests willing and able to make the trek.
3. Blueberry patch. Why not host your reception at a blueberry picking farm? Change clothes and enjoy the hot summer fruits fresh from the bush.
Elopement And Picnic Wedding Tips And Ideas
5. High tea. Picnic weddings in the park can still be an elegant affair when you plan a proper English tea service with live violinists.
6. Stargazing. If you’re hosting your picnic reception at night, bring telescopes, tarot cards and/or a reader to connect your special day with the cosmos.
Whether you plan to serve brunch, lunch, dinner, or appetizers, there are plenty of picnic-friendly options. Just be sure to work with a caterer who can coordinate keeping food at the right temperatures during the event if you’re far from electrical outlets.
7. BBQ. Serve up some freshly grilled chicken, steak and seafood along with your favorite summer sides for this relaxed picnic wedding reception idea.
Best Wedding Planning Books Of 2022
8. Wine and cheese. Even if you’re not hosting your picnic wedding at a winery, you can still treat your guests to delicious treats and a shrimp platter.
10. The tea party. Cucumber sandwiches, hot or cold teas, baked cream cookies and lots of delicious wedding cakes make this a truly exciting menu and activity all in one.
Look stunning on any budget with a range of stylish yet whimsical costume details to suit the theme of the picnic.
14. Ground neutrals. Any outdoor wedding can benefit from tying the natural colors in the landscape around them to their attire with ribbons, mantles and even flowers.
A Picnic Wedding: Alex & Denise · Rock N Roll Bride
15. Embroidery. DIY is a huge picnic wedding trend and an embroidered scarf or denim jacket goes well with the theme.
16. Straw hats, gloves and parasols. Stay safe in the sun and get great photo props at the same time.
Wedding picnic baskets can be used to organize tables, gift wrap for attendees, and can even become charming and affordable centerpieces. Here’s how:
17. Use basket-shaped baskets. The heart-shaped versions are a more romantic touch and serve as a beautiful keepsake for years to come.
A Pandemic Picnic Wedding At Merion Tribute House
18. Fill mini baskets with goodies. Think mint bags, tea light candles and dry herbal soaps to take home as a unique wedding favor.
19. Display buffet items. Wrap in tissue and serve buns, brownies or even chilled bottles of wine from this themed holder.
20. Pack reception lunch boxes. Give each guest their own basket filled with deli sandwiches, fresh berries, granola, champagne and orange juice for a delicious wedding breakfast.
21. Save flower arrangements. There is nothing more beautiful than a wicker basket filled with baby spirit and farmer’s market blooms as a wedding table centerpiece.
Tips For Planning A Romantic Picnic With Your Sweetheart
22. Perhaps our favorite of all the picnic wedding ideas on this list: Cut a rug into a real rug by pulling out a versatile one (or two or three) that you can use under the sweetheart table or in your photos and then move it around. to the dance floor later.
28. Take a long, thick thread or ribbon, then tie pieces of lace alternately 6 feet and wrap with burlap to the end, and hang as a photo backdrop between the poles.
Explore these reserved picnic wedding venues and see how lovely this theme is in real life. Our examples below are all great options, but if you don’t see one near you, search the Wedding Venue to find one that fits your style and your budget. Read on to discover beautiful spaces, accurate pricing and key features that all picnic wedding venues should have.
Host your ceremony under the towering redwoods and your reception under the stars on an all-wood porch overlooking the picturesque mountain landscape.
Are Luxury Picnics The Best New Pop Up Party Trend?
Check out this post on Instagram A post shared by The Mountain Terrace (@mountainterrace)
Like all classic picnic wedding venues, The Farmhouse Inn has a stunning rustic design, historic barn and pastoral views that will transport your guests to an enchanting country world.
Get the best of both worlds with an indoor/outdoor combo like this one. Enjoy a pre-ceremony picnic or reception outside in the gardens with the option to bring the party to the ballroom afterward.
Tropical beach picnic weddings are relaxed, peaceful and luxurious. Dine all together, banquet-style, as ocean waves lap the shore beside you.
Wedding Picnic Ideas 2021: How To Plan An Outdoor Wedding Picnic
A sophisticated picnic wedding needs at least one type of wine, and when you plan to host it at Wineland, you’ll have dozens to choose from.
Comfort, safety and logistics are all key categories to keep in mind when planning your picnic wedding events.
All you need to set your wedding ceremony apart from the rest of a public park, natural backdrop or even your reception venue is:
Otherwise, the natural environment will provide most of what you need in terms of decoration. As for musical equipment and microphones, make sure you have access to electricity nearby if needed to operate something. However, we saw a live acoustic guitar and a groom with some stage training work brilliantly.
Your Ultimate Guide To Throwing A Destination Wedding All Your Guests Will Love
The Wedding Spot blog is designed to help couples navigate each step of the wedding planning journey. From before you get engaged to after you say I do, our aim is to give you the advice, ideas and inspiration to prepare for your big day – and everything that comes with it.
Choosing a theme can be the hardest part when planning a bridal shower picnic. We love the fresh floral and citrus theme chosen for this bride’s picnic, but the possibilities are endless for a garden party. Go more natural with lush greenery and flowers or go glam with bright colors and whimsical decorations. The most important part in choosing a theme and decorations for a picnic bridal shower is that it reflects the bride and makes her feel loved!
While this location may not be as important as finding a wedding venue, you still want the perfect backdrop for your bridal shower. Choose a venue that can accommodate a smaller crowd, but still offers plenty of privacy and beautiful scenery. A friend’s backyard or local park can do wonders for your intimate picnic! Smaller wedding venues, such as a flower farm or winery, would be other options for a smaller outdoor bridal shower.
How To Plan A Bohemian Backyard Dinner Party
Most people who are planning a bridal shower tend to lean towards grazing boards or a food shower. Bridal showers are meant to be light and fun, which is what makes individual charcuterie boards from All Occasions Charcuterie so popular. The intrepid baker wowed with a custom cake and macarons to match the bright, citrus theme of this bridal shower. Pick the food you think most guests can eat and run with it!
You don’t have to include recent, old games if you don’t want to! The fun part of planning a bridal shower is thinking of ways to make guests feel included in the bride’s big day, so choosing fun games that make guests learn more about the bride is best.
How to plan a good picnic, how to build a wooden picnic table, how to plan the perfect picnic date, how to plan the perfect picnic, how to plan a picnic date, how to plan a family reunion picnic, how to plan a company picnic, how to plan a family picnic, how to plan a picnic, how to plan for a picnic, how to plan a picnic for two, how to plan a romantic picnic